I’m traveling from 1 point in the continental US to another point. How long do you think traveling ‘should’ take me?
Not counting the time for spending the night in Spokane and assuming that it’ll only take me 30 mins. to aquire my luggage, pick up a rental car and leave the airport, this is what I’m looking at for getting to my sister’s:
- Home to airport here – 1 hour
- Wait at airport – 1 hour
- Flights with1 one hour stop – 5 hours
- Pick up luggage and car – 30 mins.
- Sleep in Spokane because I’m landing at 10:30 PM
- Drive to sister’s house – 3 hours.
So, not counting the night, it’s going to take me nearly 11 hours of travel time (by plane) to get to my sister’s house. Mapquest says that driving will only take 27 hours. If I had another driver it would nearly make sense.
The trip home is almost as long, but won’t include the stop to sleep.