I am thankful ….
1. For my family and that we will be together for this day to enjoy each other and share in some wonderful food that I was able to prepare (with much help.)
2. For my son, that he can reach out and talk to us (in one form or another) when he needs to connect, but is strong and capable on his own.
3. For my daughter, who can rise above herself and show compassion when I least expect it.
4. That I will NOT be getting up in the weee hours of tomorrow morning to go shopping. Our Thanksgiving traditions cover the entire weekend, and movies and baking cookies figure much higher than going shopping.
5. For my husband. Without whom my life would not be complete.
I hope this Thanksgiving has a moment for you and yours to focus on what is important in your life.
And maybe time to consider those that aren’t so fortunate. Whether it’s the homeless person hoping for a hot meal and a safe place to lay their head, or poor Zelda wandering the streets of NYC.
The Thanksgiving season seems the right time to tell the tale of a brave and brazen bird who has defied the odds of survival and bewitched the city with her avian allure.